Our Volunteering Awards
Investing in Volunteers Award
We are proud holders of the Investors in Volunteers (IiV) status and we are the largest organisation in Scotland to hold this status. In 2016 we received our 4th re-accreditation of the award from Anne Hislop of Volunteer Scotland, recognising the achievements of our volunteer program.
Investing in Volunteers is a UK quality framework award for volunteering –involving organisations meeting the required standard of good practice in volunteer management.
There are 4 areas of volunteer involvement that the standard looks at:
- Planning for volunteer involvement
- Recruiting volunteers
- Selecting and matching volunteers
- Supporting and retaining volunteers
To receive the award:
- CHSS had to submit evidence of organisational supporting policies, procedures and training.
- A representation of staff from each department including the executive had to undertake assessment interviews.
- IiV interviewed over 300 volunteers in 2016 as part of the assessment process, this was to ensure they felt supported and valued.
This award identifies us as being a recognised great place to volunteer and provider of an outstanding volunteering experience. See for yourself and discover what our award winning volunteer program can do for you!
For information on Investing in Volunteers visit their website:
Edinburgh Volunteer Centres Volunteer Awards
At the Edinburgh Volunteer Centres Volunteer Awards ceremony in the City Chambers hosted by The Lord Provost on 8th June 2016 we won 5 awards! It was nice to win awards in multiple categories; Individual Awards, Team Awards and Special Recognition Awards!
- Elizabeth Cownie, Shop floor volunteer Davidson Mains Edinburgh
- Lynne Harley, Enhanced Shop floor volunteer Davidson Mains Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Young Stroke Service Volunteers
Special Recognition Awards
- Rab Thomas, Edinburgh Young Stroke Services– Long Standing Contribution to Volunteering 2016
- Val Smith, Shop floor volunteer Davidson Mains Edinburgh – Charity Shop Volunteering 2016
It’s not just us that provide the award winning volunteer experience that we have to offer, our current volunteers are what make all this possible and continue to help us gain recognition for the amazing work we do together every day. Why not join us? And perhaps you too will someday receive an award for your great efforts in helping us improve the health of the people of Scotland.
We have a wide selection of roles for you to choose from... find one now!