Other Self Management Resources
Launched in 2008 by the Health and Social Care Alliance and the Scottish Government, the Self Management Strategy is informed by the lived experiences of people with long term conditions
The Health Foundation conduct research and evaluation, put ideas into practice through a range of improvement programmes, support and develop leaders and share evidence to drive wider change.
- The Knowledge Network: NHS Scotland
- The Health and Social Care ALLIANCE works in partnership with their members, NHS, Local Authorities and the Scottish Government to develop and implement policy and good practice – including Gaun Yersel, the Self Management Strategy for Scotland (PDF)
- The ALLIANCE administers the Self Management Fund for Scotland
- Leads on the My Condition My Terms My Life Self Management Awareness Raising Campaign
- Supports Scotland’s Self Management Week
- Access to Local Information for Scotland (ALISS) This is wide-ranging project taking a number of approaches to making it easier to find local self management support.
- The Thistle Foundation work with a wide range of health and social care professionals to encourage culture change towards a focus on the person, not the health condition or disability.
Back to top
- Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland Publications CHSS is an NHS Scotland Information Partner
- NHS Inform Scotland's health information service.
- Patient Opinion An independent site about your experiences of UK health services, good or bad.
- Patient UK Comprehensive health information provided by GPs and nurses to patients in consultations