COSMIC (Champions of Self Management in Care)
Are you living with the effects of long term conditions or do you care for / know someone who is?
Do you want to learn how to:
- Influence on self management services?
- Explore self management principles?
- Have your say on health and social care policy?
The COSMIC Workshop can support you to have your say on self management and improve health and social care policy and decision making by:
- Giving representatives access to free training and support.
- Developing a Scotland–wide network of representatives.
- Encouraging partnership working between the health and social care services and public representatives.
Training and support
You can attend a full two day course, to equip you with the knowledge and skills to influence the strategic agenda on self management to improve local health and social care services.
Or you can choose to attend either day:
Day 1 on Understanding Self Management:
- Understanding the broad range of what makes up self management and the role of the Champion of Self Management
- Exploring the various models of Self Management
- Recognising the support available to help people self manage
Day 2 on Having Your Say (Public involvement skills):
- Understanding health and social care organisational structures and how they influence self management
- Recognising how to work effectively with professionals
- Identifying the issues linked to self management and how to present these effectively
The Voices Scotland Register
You can join the Voices Scotland register via our contact us page which gives you access to workshops in your area.
Some members of Voices Scotland become public representatives, directly influencing health and social services by:
- Responding to questionnaires
- Attending public meetings and consultations
- Leading patient user groups within health and social care services
- Advising on research projects
- Attending committees, focus groups and planning groups
COSMIC Workshop is part of the Voices Scotland network and is free to join for patients, carers and health professionals via our contact us page.