Daily routines at home
Daily routines at home can be helpful. They will break up your day and help you to pace yourself according to your energy levels.
You may not be able to do everything you did before your stroke. So, when planning your day, think about your own needs as well as anyone else who lives at home with you.
- Work out which daily tasks you can do on your own and which you might need help with.
- Think about the time you might need to do these tasks.
- If you get tired easily try to do the most energy-consuming tasks at the time of day or week when you have the most energy but be flexible and plan rest time too.
- Try keep as active as possible. Build in short but frequent times of the day to practise any exercises that you have been told to do.
- Try to continue with hobbies, interests, social and other regular commitments as much as possible.
- If you can, try to get some fresh air each day too!