Useful links - heart conditions
- You can search this page using Ctrl + F
- Blood Pressure Association (BPA)
- Braveheart Association: Works to make a positive difference to the health of people living with long term conditions in Falkirk District and Clackmannanshire.
- British Cardiovascular Society (BCS)
- British Heart Foundation
- British Hypertension Society: Professional forum for those working in the area. Publishes hypertension guidelines.
- Cardiomyopathy Association
- CRIGS Cardiac Rehabilitation Interest Group Scotland (no current website) Contact: email@example.com
- Counselling Directory: Service providing counselling advice and information - connecting those in distress with the largest support network in the UK.
- Heart Research UK
- Heart UK: Raises awareness about the risks of high cholesterol, lobby's for better detection of those at risk, funds research into improved treatment and supports health professional training.
- Lucky2BHere: Lucky2BHere is based on Skye and is a charity organised by founder Ross Cowie, who has survived multiple cardiac arrests. Ross has two key aims: to empower local communities in resuscitation (including the provision of cardiac defibrillators) and for resuscitation training to feature on the school cirriculum for all children in Scotland.
- SHARP (Scottish Heart and Arterial Disease Risk Prevention): SHARP (Scottish Heart and Arterial Disease Risk Prevention) is a registered Scottish charity which aims to tackle the problem of premature illness and death due to cardiovascular disease.
- Smokeline: Scotland’s national stop smoking helpline, open 8am-10pm Monday to Friday and 9am-5pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Transplant Support Network: Nationwide network that supports patients, family and carers of all solid organ transplants and mechanical implants.
- The Somerville Foundation (formerly Grown Up Congenital Heart Patients Association). The Somerville Foundation focuses on those born with a heart condition (congenital), providing practical and emotional support, and enabling them to take control of their lives and manage their own heart condition.