Current Care in Stroke (Part 1)
The aim of this course is to enhance the knowledge, skills and confidence of health and social care staff working with people affected by stroke, with the content aligned to the Stroke Core Competencies for healthcare staff (NES 2005).
By the end of this course participants will
- Have increased their knowledge, skills and confidence related to stroke
- Have the opportunity to apply knowledge into practice through the use of a stroke competency toolkit known as the ‘SCoT’
- What is a stroke?
- Knowledge and skills workshop
- Stroke Core Competencies and ‘SCoT’
- Experiencing stroke workshop
- Swallowing after stroke
- Swallow and Nutrition Taster Session
- Nutrition and stroke
- Communication after stroke
- Activities of Daily Living & Stroke
- Psychological Aspects in Stroke Care
- Organisation of stroke services
- Skin Care after Stroke
- Physical Ability after Stroke (theory & practical sessions)
- Continence and stroke
Who can attend this course?
All health and social care staff working for NHS Lothian or NHS Borders who have limited or no experience in working with stroke.
Course dates and how to book
Go to our booking form and details page for current dates and details on how to book or contact:
Stroke Education Facilitator for Lothian & Borders
Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland
9 Haymarket Terrace
Tel 0131225 6963
For general enquiries email: email@example.com
To make a booking email: firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to top